Since it seems I’m perhaps the sole provider on the Net of the audio from the two Flexidiscs that Marvel Comics produced in the 1960′s, I thought I’d offer them with superior sound compared to what I posted five years ago. Here they are, remastered for the best possible audio fidelity.
The Voices of Marvel
Scream Along With Marvel
- Technics DD turntable, Shure MM cartridge, AGI pre-amp, AKG headphones.
- Captured from AGI line level output, 24-bit resolution, 48 kHz sample rate.
- A 60 Hz hum in the The Voices Of Marvel was removed with a 120 Hz high-pass filter.
- Click removal used sparingly. No other noise reduction or equalization.
- A dimple in The Voices Of Marvel causes a recurring thump between 3:15 and 3:35. It was reduced, but not eliminated, by the high-pass filter.
- The left channel in each recording was deemed better and was used as the source, forced into mono, then exported as lossless WAV files.
- WAV files converted to MP3 at 256 Kbps CBR.